AISM MD PROGRAM
AISM offers a four year program consisting of:
- (2) Years of The Basic Sciences
- (2) Years of Clinical Medicine
This curriculum is similar to those offered in medical schools throughout the United States of America. The minimum time required to complete the MD program is 40 months. Students who elect to take a break during the summer semesters will be able to complete the M.D. Program in approximately 48 months.
The AISM Board Review Program was created to support students in the preparation for the Boards. The lecturers who lead our reviews are multi-disciplinarians, they understand the unique requirements of medical board preparation. We work with the latest review materials, including High Yield review books recommended by students who passed the USMLE and updated question banks.
- USMLE STEP 1 Exams: USMLE STEP 1 Board Review preparation is done in the 4th and 5th semester of the Basic Sciences Program. This program is designed to build confidence in students through providing concepts, skills and information needed to pass the STEP 1 exams. A concise STEP 1 USMLE Review program is also done at the Atlanta, Georgia office.
- USMLE STEP 2 CK/CS Exams: Our comprehensive review program combines live lecture instruction, with “hands on” practice and feedback from real patients. Our course covers high-yield material that is typically encountered in both the STEP 2 CS and CK examination. USMLE STEP 2 exam review is done in Atlanta Georgia.
- PLAB Exams: Professional and Linguistic Assessments Board (PLAB) exam is the main route by which International Medical Graduates (IMGs) demonstrate that they have the necessary skills and knowledge to practice medicine in the UK. The test is in two parts:Part 1 is a single paper marked by computer to a standard set by the government of UK Part 2 is a 14-station objective structure clinical examination (OSCE) which tests the candidates clinical and communication skills. AISM currently do not have a PLAB review course, however students who are desirous of taking this exam are assigned a personal tutor who have recently sit for the exam. This tutor (most often an AISM graduate or faculty member) would assist the student in their preparations for the PLAB.
- CAMC Exams: The CAMC exam is the Caribbean Board Exams for IMG who would like to practice in the Caribbean. This exam is similar to the PLAB. The review program for Part 1 starts in February/March of each year while the review program for Part 2 starts in August/September.